News & Events
Prizes Apollo Anastomoz -2019 STUDENTS LIST
IRSD & IOSRD awards
1. Awarded Outstanding Researcher Award from Interdisciplinary Research for sustainable development Greenthinkerz.org-Chandigarh-2019
2. Awarded Best Researcher Award from International Organization of Scientific Research and Development- New Delhi-2019
* The decorated awards presented to Dr. Guru Prasad Manderwad, Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology for a decade long research contribution mainly focused on the role of epigenetics in the genesis of various squamous cell carcinoma as well as the exploring the newer epigenetic mechanism in the genesis of bacterial drug resistance
1. HORIZON 2019: The Epitome of Biomedicial Research, 20 CP, SAVEETHA DENTAL COLLEGE, 28 TH OF February & 1 st March 2019, Chennai, Co presenter, Epitome of Biomedicial Research – Dr. Archana A Dharwadkar
2. HORIZON 2019: The Epitome of Biomedicial Research, 20 CP, SAVEETHA DENTAL COLLEGE, 28 TH OF February & 1 st March 2019, Chennai, Co presenter, Epitome of Biomedicial Research – N. Ashok Vardhan
Invited lectures & awards
Dr. Lakshmi Vemu
- Rajyalakshmi Oration award - in XXI Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, AP Chapter, Nellore. My experience in Research.
- CLSI guidelines updates on Antibiotic susceptibility testing . XXI Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, Nellore, TAP Chapter
- Utility of Malditof in the early diagnosis of Mycobacterial infections. XXI Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, Nellore, TAP Chapter
- LAMP assay to detect Carbapenemase genes, Workshop on Diagnostic methods in Microbiology, JIPMER,October 20 th , 2018
- Role of Gene expert in Carbapenem resistance. HISICON 2018, Hyderabad.
- LAMP assay to detect Carbapenemase genes, ISID conference, Spain, November 2018.
- Trends in the incidence of Hospital acquired infections. CME on Antibiotic Stewardship, NIMS, Hyderabad, December, 2018.
Obstetrics & Gynaecology:
Awards & Rewards: Dr. Vasundhara Professor & HOD received the Indy wood medial excellence awards in December 2018.
Nandhini Joshi assistant Professor in OBG, Achieved MRCOG in Feb 2019.
Guest Speakar at International Conference
Dr. Guru Prasad Manderwad, Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology was invited as a Guest Speaker at the International Conference "World Congress on Infectious Diseases and Antibiotics -2018" held at Bengaluru from 28th and 29th November 2018. He has presented on topic entitled " Epigenetic Mode of Bacterial Drug Resistance".
MBBS Freshers day Celebrations, 2016
On 11th of November, the entire college campus became vibrant as the Ethnic day was celebrated with girls gorgeously dressed in colorful traditional sarees and boys dressed in kurta, sherwani and dhotis. The quiz at Indira auditorium was a veritable quizzing marathon with high spirited tough competition between different teams. The day ended with freshers elegantly dressed walking on the ramp.
WORLD YOGA DAY -21stJune 2016
The Department of Community Medicine has organised World Yoga Day celebrations in the College on 21st June,2016. Mr.Bhaskar Puranam and Ms.Krishna Priya,Yoga teachers from ART OF LIVING FOUNDATION have explained the benifits of yoga to students and staff and demonstrated yoga excercisesWorld Health Day - April 7th 2015
World Health Day was observed with the Theme “FOOD SAFTY” by the students and staff of the college and hospital, on 7th April, 2015. On this occasion a rally was organised from the college to L.B.Nagar circle and back to the college.The rally was flagged off by The Principal Dr.S.M.Patil. About three hundred students and staff participated in the rally and created awareness among the public about the importance of food for maintaining good health . On this occasion a Seminar was organized by the Dept.of Community Medicine wherein a number of Medical Students have presented papers on ”HOW SAFE IS YOUR FOOD, FROM FARM TO PLATE, MAKE FOOD SAFE”. Food exhibition was also arranged on this occasion. A Guest lecture was arranged on the topic Junk Food – Effects on Health. Dr.Avula Laxmaiah, Sr.Deputy Director (Epidemiology), Scientist from National Institute of Nutrition(NIN) has delivered the guest lecture. All the students and staff have participated.World Kidney Day - March 12th 2015
World Kidney Day was celebrated on 12-03-2015 in the college hospital. Brochures were released on Chronic Kidney Diseases to bring awareness among the people how to take care of their Kidneys.International Women’s Day - March 8th 2015
International Women’s Day was celebrated on 08-03-2015 in the college hospital. As a part of this the Physiotherapy Department of Kamineni Hospital, L.B.Nagar has conducted a special Women’s Health Week from 09-03-2015 to 14-03-2015. The Kamineni Hospitals, L.B.Nagar has also organized Women is Health and Wellbeing program from 09-03-2015 to 11-03-2015, during this period free consultation was provided by Gynecology & General Medicine Departments and also 20% concession was given on prescribed investigations.World Aids Day - December 1st 2014
December 1st 2014, is observed as Worlds Aids Day. As a part of this the Students, non-teaching staff & faculty have taken up a rally from Kamineni Hospital and passed through L.B.Nagar at 8 A.M., and created awareness among the public the importance of prevention of HIV/AIDS.
A seminar was also organized on this occasion in Indira Auditorium, between 2 to 4 P.M., to enlighten the students about the prevention of HIV /AIDS.